I am one of those annoying people that take photos of food. Yes, it’s true. And I know it drives some of my lovely friends bonkers but I can’t help it. When done right food presentation is an art form in its own right so it seems quite unjust to have it disappear into ones mouth without some sort of memorial. So it won’t come as a surprise that I am a bit of a sucker for a lovely foodie Instagram feed.
Here are some of my favourites. Approach with caution if you are trying to restrict your food intake or are even slightly hungry. You have been warned.
Top 10 food Instagrams for getting the tastebuds tingling
1. For the latest in the London food scene Clerkenwell Boy is always guaranteed to get you out of an “I’m surrounded by greasy spoons” funk. Discover what’s new and delicious across London.
2. An extremely pretty feed with lots of images of sushi (I drool!) is managed by japanese blogger Sayo R
3. Tivoli Road Bakery – not for the carb averse or gluten intolerant. This feed is the glorious pastry and baked creations from master bakers Michael and Pippa James. Follow here.
5. Focusing on all things cake Lily Vanilli Bakery in East London also has a stunning feed
6. Mimi Thorisson’s atmospheric and moody images capture an idyllic French provincial lifestyle of local markets, seasonal produce and long lunches.
7. Jamie Oliver – it’s Jamie, c’mon! He’s been teaching us to cook since the 90s
9. For the love of sandwich. All your favourites in profile brought to you by @scanwiches
10. More stunning Australian food photography from Sney Roy @cookrepublic
Lastly, as I mentioned earlier, I am quite fond of taking a foodporn shot myself. Here’s a favourite I took in Melbourne recently at the delightfully local (to my old hood and parents house) Top Paddock – you can follow along with my food and travel adventures on Instagram here
Do you have any favourite food Instagrams I should follow?