Italy is the country that captures my heart every time I visit. It is one of the main inspirations behind this travel blog.
From its vibrant cities to the gorgeous Italian lakes and coast, the landscapes will get you first. And then there’s the food and culture. There is truly something to enchant everyone.
The country’s famous tourist attractions are popular for good reason but it’s also been my mission to uncover the best kept secrets in Italy – local restaurants, quiet regions and bustling smaller cities.
Italy off the beaten track is very special and I want to help you discover it. Below are all the links to the best information on this site to help with inspiration and planning for your most memorable vacation to Italy.
Highlights from our Italy travel blog
Practical information for helping you plan your trip to Italy – packing guide, first timers Italy itinerary plus more
- Italy trip planning resources – sites, travel guides plus more
- Best booking sites for Italy – click here for our favorites
- 101 Italy travel tips – from when to go and what to pack
- Italy itinerary – 10 days of highlights – Rome, Florence, Venice + more
- How to pack for travel in Italy – includes checklist
- Travel insurance for Italy – essential guide
- Transport: our guides to train travel and driving in Italy
- Keeping your belongings safe and avoiding pickpockets
- Tips on internet access and the best apps to download
In our opinion all first trips to Italy should begin in Rome. The Eternal City is full of history, fun and intrigue and it’s worth exploring every corner.
The Renaissance city has many charms but it would be a shame to miss out on the wonders of Tuscany
- Florence guide and itineraries
- Where to stay in Florence – accommodation guide
- Beautiful day trips from Florence – how to guide plus tours
- A cooking class and the best gelato in Florence
- Lucca city guide – lesser known city in Tuscany
- Explore Pienza in the south and the northern Tuscan hills
- Fireflies in Tuscany
Venice is our favorite city in Italy. There is nowhere quite as magical as the lagoon city, from the quiet campos to the splendor of the Grand Canal
Milan may not have the historic charm of other cities in Italy but it makes up for it with a lively food and fashion scene and modern outlook
Visiting Italy is as much about the delicious food as it is about the landscapes, history and architecture. Here are some of our best Italian food articles